This event is to raise much needed funds to support the St John’s Crisis Centre.
Last year’s race day and the Gold Coast community’s continued support allows St John’s Crisis Centre to give the Gold Coast community a hand up.
The Centre has been in operation for over 40 years and the services offered to the Gold Coast community include:
- Nutritious meals – over 19,000 meals each year.
- Emergency relief including food vouchers, fuel vouchers, utility bills, rental assistance, and chemist scripts – over 3,500 clients assisted each year.
- Employment of a Community Welfare Nurse – general health checks, referrals, and an Outreach Program for those unable to attend the Centre.
- A school breakfast and lunch program for Surfers Paradise State School – an average of 30 children a day are supported.
- Provision of emergency and short-term housing at a heavily discounted cost.
- Over 300 Christmas hampers provided to families in need.
- Legal advice for victims of domestic violence.
Last year’s race day raised over $230,000 which has allowed St John’s Crisis Centre to continue to provide support to the Gold Coast community.
This year’s race day again sees amazing raffle prizes and auction items. Details to follow.
Christmas is such a special time of the year. We ask that each table donate a
Christmas present suitable for a child. There will be a Christmas tree at the
event where these presents can be collected. These gifts will then be
distributed to children in need by St John’s this Christmas.