At St. John’s we help families in crisis. This includes families and children escaping domestic violence, the homeless and people with mental health issues. We provide a range of support services, including serving over 100 meals per day.
You can donate in a variety of ways. We need not only funds but also perishable and non-perishable food, clothing, blankets, nappies, small gifts for children.
You can donate now using your Credit Card or Paypal.
St. John’s Crisis Centre is a registered charity
As a registered Charity (and Deductible Gift Recipient), all donations over $2 are tax-deductible, and a receipt is provided.
We need $1000 per day to provide these services to our clients. Which equates to $380,000 per year to operate. Although we receive some governance assistance most of the funds we need to operate are from donations and sponsors.
Donations can be made at St. John’s Crisis Centre, located at 36 Hamilton Ave, Surfers Paradise, Queensland, Australia. Monday to Friday between 9 am and 12 pm.
For larger donations, we can also organise to collect items. Contact us to arrange a time within opening hours.
In addition to funds the centre also needs:
- Perishable and non-perishable food. See below on how to organise for your perishable food items to be sent directly from Coles or Woolworths
- Toiletries and general home items such as towels, toilet paper, and nappies.
- Clothing, in good condition.
- Small household items such as saucepans, mugs, laundry powder, household cleaning items, kitchen utensils, blankets, and linen.
- And for those who are really struggling or for those children, who have nothing for their birthday, we have a Blessings Cupboard where we give gifts of toiletry packs and small toys to show that someone cares.
Check out our Facebook page for a list of immediate and urgently required items.
Yes, you can organise for Coles and Woolworths to deliver your donation directly to us
Both Coles and Woolworths deliver to our centre. Please ensure all deliveries are mornings only (Monday to Friday between 9 am and 12 pm) so we can ensure they are stored correctly.
Bin-A-Tin for non-perishable items
You can donate non-perishable items at your local supermarket checkout by placing the items in “Bin-A-Tin” collection bins. These bins are located at:
- Coles – Australia Fair, Benowa Village, Labrador, Miami, Nerang Fair, Pacific Fair, Robina Town Centre & Runaway Bay Plaza
- Woolworths – Pacific Fair, Robina Town Centre (North Store) & Stocklands Burleigh
- Q Super Centre – Bin provided by Centre Management located outside Woolworths